I just published the revision 1.03 of the Music Ontology. You can notify the addition of mo:Movement, mo:has_movement, mo:movementNum and mo:tempo. Half of the modifications has been made to enhance the descriptiveness of classical music. The other half of the modifications has been made to make the distinction between production (MusicalExpression) and publication (MusicalManifestation) clearer.
All these modifications have been made possible by Ivan Herman and Yves Raimond and I would specially like to thanks them for their insightful comments and suggestions they made via the mailing list.
There is the changes log for the revision 1.03
- Changed the range of mo:key from a rdfs:Literal to a http://purl.org/NET/c4dm/music.owl#Key
- Added property mo:opus
- Added mo:MusicalWork in the domain of: mo:bpm, mo:duration, mo:key, mo: pitch
- Added class mo:Movement
- Added property mo:has_movement
- Added property mo:movementNum
- Added property mo:tempo
- Added mo:Instrument in the range of mo:title
- Remove mo:MusicalWork and mo:MusicalManifestation and added mo:MusicalManifestation to the property’s domain mo: publisher, mo: producer, mo:engineer, mo:conductor, mo:arranger, mo:sampler, mo:compiler
- Remove mo:MusicalWork and mo:MusicalManifestation and added mo:MusicalManifestation to the property’s range mo: published, mo: produced, mo:engineering, mo:conducted, mo:arranged, mo:sampled, mo:compiled
2 thoughts on “Revision 1.03 of the Music Ontology”
Wouldn’t “mo:hasMovement” be better than “mo:has_movement”?
Yeah possibly. I used the has_xxxx syntax has SIOC. but we should reconcider it with the new updates me and Yves are currently doing to the ontology.